1. Sign up for a hosting account at Digital Ocean.
2. Email your account email address to email@example.com so we can initiate a transfer to your Digital Ocean account.
3. Create a Droplet from the Image. Once support has transferred the image to your account. Click the Create Droplet button. Enter the domain or subdomain name you would like to use for MapApp as the hostname. Under the Select Images option, click the My Images tab and select the MapApp image.
4. Create a Custom DNS A Record for Your Domain. When you receive the email from Digital Ocean with your new Droplet IP address, create a DNS record for your domain pointing to the IP address.
5. Login to Your Server via SSH. Using the initial login and password we send you, connect to your server via SSH:
> ssh -p 22555 your-user@droplet-ip-address
6. Configure Your Domain Name on the Server. Edit the Apache site configuration file with your chosen domain. For example:
> sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/mapapp.conf
Replace yourdomain.com with your domain name.
> sudo service apache2 reload
7. Visit your site at http://yourdomain.com and begin using MapApp.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us.