Filtered’s basic features are free and open source under a GPL license. The code is available at Github.
In addition to the feature summary below, there is a visual guide to features.
The following features are included in the free, open source version of Filtered:
- Support for managing multiple IMAP mail accounts on Gmail and FastMail (other providers may work but have not been tested)
- Managing inbound email and routing to user selectable folders
- Default folders include Inbox, Bulk and Zap. You can also add additional folders.
- Learns Sender routing from folder content when you drag and drop messages
- Zap folder for deleting mail from senders. It’s like power unsubscribe.
- Email digest based on folders. Shows you the mail you’ve received in each folder so you can stop browsing your folder tree on a regular basis.
- Installation instructions for your typical Linux server
- Community forum for Q & A and technical support
- Feature request board where you can make suggestions and vote for your favorites
Advanced Feature Module
The advanced module is available for anyone who contributes $25 or more to ongoing support of the platform. You’ll also receive free updates of the advanced module through the end of 2014. The advanced module includes the following features:
- Enhanced email digests supports secure link to directly view listed messages on the web
- Quiet hours with exclusions. Set quiet hours for various periods such as evenings, overnight or weekends and exclude specific senders such as family.
- White listing email challenges unknown senders to verify their identity
- Smartphone notifications by sender and keyword (requires Pushover application)
- Privacy folder encrypts email to your web server
- Routing via recipient mailbox aids management of using anonymous catch-all domains
- Automated expiration of messages by specific senders e.g. delete messages from sender older than one week
- Automated archiving of messages in the inbox based on age e.g. archive all messages older than one month
Please note – I will be unable to perform installations and code support after January 22nd for a short period. Please do not purchase them after this date.
- Custom paid installation of Filtered in your Digital Ocean account $149.
- Custom paid installation of Filtered at Amazon AWS or Linode $249.
- Direct email technical support for 90 days $99. We’ll respond to your email questions about installation and/or enhancing the codebase.
[button link=”/filtered-open-source-imap-mail-filtering-software-for-php/how-filtering-works/” size=”medium” variation=”red” textColor=”#ffffff” align=”right”]Continue…[/button]