If you purchased Aperture before it was integrated into AppStore and are having trouble installing it on a new machine or re-installing it, you can download the Aperture 3.1 trial from Apple here. You’ll still need your Aperture activation key to use the software.
Since the Apple Maverick’s upgrade, this post has received more than 16,000 visitors. You can read a bit more about Apple’s decision to upgrade all versions of Aperture, even pirated copies, here and here.
You may also be interested in my other projects:
- SimplifyEmail – PHP-based IMAP email organizer and filter – this is an amazing self-hosted email organizer using IMAP written in PHP and the Yii Framework.
- How to Install WordPress at Digital Ocean on Ubuntu 14.04 – Digital Ocean offers fast, affordable, $5 per month SSD virtual servers – it’s great for self-hosting WordPress. We even have a quickstart WordPress image for Digital Ocean.
- DIY Web Server Monitoring App with Smartphone Notifications – Simple Monitor offers an inexpensive, self-hosted web server monitoring solution. It can also help you track content changes on the web.
- How to Secure Your Mac from Potential Theft – Did you know that you should set a firmware password on your Mac? And many other tips to protect your data in case of your Mac being stolen.
- How to Install Your Own Private Email Server in the Cloud – Want to run your own email? This guide tells you how to run iRedMail and Roundcube on Linux.
Also, check out Publishing with WordPress, it’s full of useful and timely WordPress guides, or follow me on Twitter @reifman.
Thank you for this.
this will work
Thanks Kevin! Nice work. Do you know if EdgeSuite is a reputable site? I’ve had no problems with my activated copy?
You need the key only if you want to use it after the trial period.
when i tried it wanted a serial number is there a way around this leon
the same here… did you find the solution?
F-349-YAX-243-YBB-261-QMV-435-QHG-FEA-5SMX will unlock the 30 day free trail. This is NOT a permanent serial key. You only get 30 days to try the software with this key.
that worked to download, the app store is now upgrading the version
Thank you. I have an old DVD with Aperture 3, legally bought with serial number. Unfortunately, I found the disc broken after a fresh install of Mavericks today. This download saved me, and I finally have Aperture in my Purchased Apps in Mac AppStore.
thanks to you all for the help
Doesn’t open downloaded dmg.