- If the NSA Trusted Edward Snowden With Our Data, Why Should We Trust the NSA? (Slate)
- Is a democratic surveillance state possible? (Washington Post)
- What Google Reader’s Shutdown Teaches Us About Web Apps
- Dumped! By Google
- So You’d Like to Send Some Email (Through Code)
- Sending Email From Amazon EC2
- Twelve GMail Ideas to Revolutionize Email Again (TechFlash)
- Going Dark: How to Attain Privacy on the Internet
- Are the FBI and IRS Secretly Reading Your Email Without a Warrant? (Democracy Now)
- Our Privacy Delusions (On the Media)
- Support the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- Support RoundCube
- Buy iRedMail Pro or hire them for installation
- Support The Tor Project
Alternatives to iRedMail
- Sign up for FastMail.fm* / Opera launches slick new email service, integrates Fastmail.fm
- Zimbra Open Source Collaboration Server
- ISPTutorial for Debian Squeeze: A deeper technical dive on the components involved in iRedMail – the complete DIYer’s guide.
- Setting Up an Email Server on a Linux System: Another deeper technical dive.
- Ask Slashdot: Self-Hosted Gmail Alternatives?
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services
- Amazon CloudFront
- Getting Started with Linux Web Applications in the AWS Cloud (videos)
- Getting Started with AWS
- AWS Command Line Tools
- Automating Snapshot Backups with EC2
- You Should Use EBS Boot Instances on Amazon EC2
- AWS Pricing Overview, Calculator and Reserved Instance Pricing
- Amazon’s AWS Compliance Reports
- A Security Analysis of Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud Service
- Should you purchase SSL certificates for your server?
- Securing an Ubuntu Server
- Hardening a Linux Server
About the Author
Please feel free to post corrections, questions or comments below. You can also follow me on Twitter @reifman or email me directly.